Associate/Technical Director for EIA
Salary: Competitive package
Type: Full time
An exceptional opportunity for a highly experienced EIA consultant has arisen. The successful candidate will play a key role in the exciting growth plans for the business. Ideally, you will be looking to take a significant career move to an ambitious environmental consultancy with an ethos and culture that is highly rewarding.
As the Associate/Technical Director for EIA you will support the Head of Environment and existing technical teams to develop and lead statutory EIAs and non-statutory multi-disciplinary projects. You will require a technical background in an EIA discipline such as; community impacts, LVIA, noise, hydrology etc or a background in sustainability. An understanding of EIAs in the residential, infrastructure and/or renewables sector would also be advantageous.
You will be a key member of the team, working with the Head of Environment to help drive growth and delivery of the Environment Team business plan. You will work with the technical teams across the UK to provide high quality EIAs under the IEMA EIA Quality Mark and other non-EIA multi-disciplinary outputs.
The role will include:
* Oversee the delivery of projects
* Lead the preparation of tenders
* Contribute to work wining activities and key client account management
* Assist with meeting the Company targets
* Provide staff mentoring and team leadership
* Help with business strategy development especially within the urban regeneration and infrastructure sectors
* Work with the management team to manage recruitment, training, annual appraisals etc.
* Monitor the team's adherence to company health and safety, quality and environmental management system requirements
* Technically review EIA/ESIA Chapters, and Non-Technical Summaries
* To keep up to date with relevant environmental planning legislation/policy/guidance.
* Management of EIAs under the IEMA EIA Quality Mark scheme
* Maintaining our IEMA EIA Quality Mark status
Skills & Experience
* Track record of winning and delivering complex contracts
* Over ten years' professional consultancy experience
* Experience of EIA for a range of sectors
* Experience of preparing proof of evidence desirable
* Excellent communication and report writing skills
* Relevant degree and ideally a postgraduate degree
* Chartered Environmentalist or similar desirable
* Full driving licence
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com