Associate/Technical Director Transport Planning
Our client is seeking to expand and develop its existing successful Transport Planning team, based on a significant increase in demand for its highway engineering services. We are looking for a dynamic team leader to fit within its existing management structure to both develop the Transport and Highway Engineering business whilst managing a developing and enthusiastic team. Key private and public sector clients include such as The Crown Estate, Defence Infrastructure Organisation, Homes and Communities Agency, National Grid, and a wide range of Local Authorities and private developers. The workload is extremely varied covering all aspects of the transport agenda. The role will be primarily focused upon delivery of a varied size of highway scheme from inception through to delivery. This position can be based in one of three offices.
As a member of the team you will be involved in the management of internal and external client relationships and the preparation of proposals and bids appropriate to your grade. You will also guide and review the work of less experienced staff, and have team leader and staff management responsibilities.
You will play an important part in the continued growth of the team, identifying resource requirements and through the pursuit of business opportunities with both existing and new clients.
The workload is diverse, including:
* Preparation of Transport Assessments and use of ARCADY, PICADY, TRANSYT and LINSIG;
* Highway design;
* Network modelling: multi-modal, traffic and micro-simulation models;
* Sustainable transport projects;
* Development control and regeneration projects;
* Preparation of Environmental Statements
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in Transport Planning, Engineering, Town Planning, Geography, or a related discipline
- You will have around 10 or more years' relevant experience to have the skills and knowledge required to undertake this role successfully
- You will have either have been awarded or nearing Chartered or Incorporated status or have equivalent commercial experience and responsibility
- You must have a full driving licence
You should be able to demonstrate experience of several of the following:
- Commercial and technical management of projects
- Business development activities
- Managing and contributing to multi-disciplinary projects and studies with knowledge and understanding in the planning field, and managing the work of other specialists and less experienced members of the team
- Technical knowledge of the development of highway schemes from inception to delivery including both preliminary and detail designs
Our client is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets
Contact - Mark on 01202 888986 ext 284