Associate Social Due Diligence
Due to continuing success we currently have a brilliant opportunity for an Associate Social Due Diligence, with experience in working for IFIs, to join a multinational professional services consultancy in their successful Environmental and Sustainability team based in the West Midlands.
Your team provides advice within the UK and Europe on environmental planning, consenting and compliance, for projects in a wide range of sectors but notably in infrastructure, energy, agribusiness and manufacturing. The team is involved in a growing number of Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), Lenders Technical Advisory (LTA), Transaction Advisory (TA), and Environmental and Social Monitoring assignments.
- Lead and support the expansion of global due diligence and ESIA services
- Responsible for leadership, management, technical input and co-ordination of Environmental and Social Due Diligence, ESIA and Environmental and Social Monitoring projects
- Reports to the Environmental Management and Sustainability Skill Leader and the Associate Director responsible for the Environment & Sustainability Team
- Feasibility Studies; ESIAs and associated documents related to the financing of projects etc.
- Leadership and project management; environmental and social lead on lenders technical advisory and transaction advice projects
- Lead manage and prepare Gap Analysis Reports, Environmental and Social Action Plans (ESAP) , Non-Technical Summaries (NTSs), Monitoring Reports, environmental and social aspects of Lead and prepare on input into tenders for projects for the IFIs
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with external clients, colleagues, and non-client government and regulatory agencies to continue to strengthen the teams' credibility in the market
- Travel to other offices to support business development and project delivery, for example to meet with potential clients to identify opportunities, to add value to their projects/business, which often takes place outside of any formal proposal process
- Delivering for clients to develop return business through a focus on client satisfaction, including trying to understand their short and long-term needs
- Lead and manage the development of complex project proposals/cost estimates or expanding the scope of existing projects including ESIA and environmental management opportunities. This will include understanding and aligning with the companies processes for assessing win probability, cultural fit, risk tolerance and management of commercial terms within the bidding process
- Supervision and mentoring staff including operational aspects such as helping to manage staff workloads, input to performance appraisals, and providing on the job training.
- Significant professional services consultancy experience, typically over 12 years, including approximately over 5 years professional experience in working with International Financial Institutions (IFIs)
- A degree or post graduate degree in environmental science
- Supervision and mentorship of professional staff including operational aspects such as helping to manage staff workloads, input to performance and compensation reviews, and identifying and helping staff prioritize training needs throughout the year
- In depth practical knowledge and experience of lending institutions Environmental and Social Policies, including International Finance Cooperation Performance Standards on Environmental and Social Sustainability; World Bank environmental and social safeguards policies, Equator Principle, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Environmental & Social Policy; Asian Development Bank Safeguard Policy Statement, and European Investment Bank Statement of Environmental and Social Principles and Standards
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of audiences ranging from individual sub-consultants based across Europe and Northern Africa to key Client's contacts
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of the European Union environmental regulatory framework
- Ability to travel regularly on short trips overseas
- Excellent reporting skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary, multicultural international teams
- Experience of working in agribusiness and/or the manufacturing and/or the energy sector
- Experience of working in North Africa
- Fluency in foreign language (preferably French, or a chosen Eastern European language)
Reward and Benefits:
- In return the company offers an excellent benefits including private medical insurance and global profit share scheme.
For further information about this job, please contact Chris Saunby at Allen & York on 01202 888986.
We look forward to receiving your application.