|Job Title:||Associate Technical Director - OLE - York or Glasgow|
|Location:||UK - England - Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
An exciting opportunity to join a leading global multidisciplinary consultancy. Owing to the recent expansion of our client's overhead line design function, they are looking for an Associate Director, to be based in York or Glasgow.
Reporting to the Associate Business Director, you will control the production and output of detailed Overhead Line / OLE designs within the rail sector. You will provide technical advice and support to project teams, work in collaboration with other disciplines and interface with the client and other stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Keeping up to date with technical and legislative developments. Develop professional profile such as giving presentations at relevant conferences/meetings/professional bodies etc.
- Building effective and enduring relationships with other internal departments and external organisations to foster co-operation and maximise cross-selling and trade-up opportunities.
- Establishing an understanding of client businesses, their drivers and competitors
- Providing technical expertise and overview to client and stakeholders and assisting clients through technical decision-making and provide alternatives options/solutions if there are changes to project objectives.
- Providing leadership to both client and project team members.
- Assisting in the development of talent through coaching and mentoring.
- Ensuring awareness of health and safety in all aspects of design and operations.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Degree or HNC/HND qualified in Mechanical Engineering
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer or near Chartered Engineer although this is not a pre-requisite
- Previous OLE design experience within the rail sector
- Experience of OLE Design and Construction related activities essential
- Ability to mentor, train and develop a team of OLE Design Engineers
- Familiar with Isolation/section diagrams and an understanding of Bonding and OLE installation techniques
- Knowledge of Network Rail OLEMI range of equipment i.e. Mk3B, ATF, UK1, Series 2, Series 1 etc.
- Being familiar with, and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maximize new business opportunities
- Strong commercial / financial and technical skills
- Previous Microstation experience an advantage
- Understanding of Network Rail GRIP process an advantage
- Knowledge of 750v dc and 1500v dc OLE systems an advantage
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information, please contact Lisa Newman 01202 888 986