Associate Technical Director - Water Management & Resilience
Guildford or Croydon
To be based in either our Guildford or Croydon offices to play a key role in the new team. The candidate will have specialist knowledge and experience in delivering water management schemes, particularly flood risk management, resilience or canal engineering projects.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* Relevant Engineering Degree (e.g. MEng Civil Engineering or Coastal Engineering, etc.)
* Chartered Engineer Professional status i.e. MICE
* Extensive experience of flood risk business cases development, hydraulic and flood structures engineering design or canal engineering design. Typically for this role at least 15 -20 years' experience is required.
* Held significant roles in the delivery of civil engineering schemes nationally
* Demonstrated ability to lead, with good influencing, motivating and delegation skills
* Well-developed commercial skills, with a sound knowledge of the industry, an ability in sales and business development and a proven record in technical innovation behaviour
* Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Framework Managers you will take a key role in managing and directing the team, providing both leadership and technical guidance to team members, while developing the team to its full potential. You will ensure and / or implement right-shaping of resources and effective resource management in line with function / discipline business plan requirements.
Additional responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
* Engaging with and utilising fully the Global Excellence Centres (GECs) as key members and resources of your business teams, and as a seamless part of our service offering.
* Coordinating an effective technical review process on a range of Flood risk management or canal engineering designs
* Oversee the delivery of projects on time, meeting both quality and budgetary targets, while striving to exceed client expectations.
* Ensuring the profitable operation of the Business Unit by delivery of the Business plan and achievement of the agreed financial targets (net income, gross margin, working capital, cash collection).
* Liaising closely with the Business Director and Framework Managers to acquire new business from existing and new clients
* Promoting effective and efficient bid management in liaison with the Business Director.
* Promoting and market all facets of the company's services during client interfaces and generally
* Encouraging innovative and entrepreneurial thinking among team members