Associate Town Planner
£40,000 to £50,000 basic salary per annum; Reading
An opportunity to advance your career, and develop your work winning and management capabilities with one of the UK's leading development and infrastructure consultancies, who have been delivering personal, trusted advice to clients worldwide for more than 50 years, and are a Times 100 Employer!
We are pleased to be representing one of the UK's most reputable consultancies who provide a range of services across the development, infrastructure, environment, energy, transport and public sectors. This is a company who put their employees at the top of their priority list striving to create the most secure and enjoyable working environment possible. They weathered the recession better than most and have come out the other end stronger for it. With such success comes growth, which means they are now looking to add an Associate level Town Planner to their Reading based team.
The Role of Associate Planner
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced planner who would relish the opportunity to manage complex projects for a varied range of clients, including blue chip organisations, developers, local landowners and local authorities.
The role of Associate Planner offers you the opportunity to shape your own career development. It would especially suit someone seeking to obtain business development experience on the journey to becoming a Director. You'll also have the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise by supporting and coaching junior staff and assisting internal and external project teams. There's also potential for quick advancement and development in other areas, such as stakeholder engagement, viability and economic appraisal.
Is the role of Associate Town Planner for you?
If you have the following skills and experience, this could be the perfect opportunity for you to step up in your career with one of the country's top consultancies;
- At least 5 years' experience, including large infrastructure, mixed-use, urban regeneration projects
- Master's degree or Diploma in a related subject and Chartered Member of the RTPI.
- Private consultancy experience is essential
- Experience of major residential proposals, education, health, small scale infill developments and hotel / leisure-related projects
- Experience of stakeholder engagement is highly desirable.
- Experience of supporting bids / tenders for new work
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Evidence of work winning and the ability to bring your own clients is desirable but not essential. More important is your ambition to achieve success in both seeking new business opportunities and delivering successful outcomes for our clients.
Think you have what it takes?
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr; Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!