Our client, a successful and well respected practice, prides themselves on their ethos of putting together well supported arguments, attention to detail, problem solving through thinking outside the box, and skills of negotiation and reasoned argument.
You will have an accredited honours degree in Town & Country Planning and be a member of the RTPI. With a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience, at least 3 of which should have been gained within Development Control, you will have a proven track record of handling minor and major applications and appeals (all procedures).
Experience of residential development is essential and ideally gained from 2 or more years' private practice. Experience of enforcement issues would also be beneficial. You will have a positive and tenacious approach to work, strong customer service values and are able to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This position requires the ability to manage your own caseload with minimal
supervision which means you should:
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- be able to analyse multiple sources of information and establish cohesive
arguments to support client's needs
- have a strong awareness of urban design
- be able to prepare and undertake formal written and verbal presentations
- have strong negotiation skills
- be able to identify and generate business opportunities
- have good MS Office skills
- have an awareness of commercial needs /practices.
Interested? Get in touch;
Sarah Kerr - Team Leader Planning & Built Environment
01202 888 986