|Job Title:||Associate Transport Planner|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Birmingham|
|Contact Name:||Josh Marshall|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Associate Transport Planner
The Allen & York Planning & Built Environment team is very pleased to be working with a leading independent, international, engineering and project management consultancy, who delivers services in the fields of aviation, buildings, energy, industry, infrastructure, maritime, mining, transport, urban and rural planning and water. Due to continued success of the business, our client is looking to now grow their Transport Planning offering in their Birmingham office by bringing on board an Associate Transport Planner.
We are looking for an Associate to join the Transport Planning Team in the Birmingham City Centre office. You will be active and have a good current knowledge of the market, within Birmingham and the West Midlands.
You will assist with the production of technical studies within the Transport Planning function, prepare PQQs in liaison with business development Directors within the Advisory Group and lead the technical excellence of the team. You can expect considerable experience on a variety of interesting and challenging projects e.g. Housing and Retail Developments, Port Development, Spatial Planning, Infrastructure & Buildings, Environmental Statements and Energy and more.
This position offers substantial opportunity for career progression within the company.
You will be technically competent in analysing all types of transport projects and be able to manage a number of projects and project teams. You will be the day to day contact for Clients and will be expected to develop and manage key accounts, be able to identify business opportunities and to develop these into new business for the Advisory Group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing existing Clients and Client accounts.
- Developing existing Client Accounts.
- Management of technical studies, Transport Assessments and Travel Plans.
- Managing other transport projects as these arise.
- Developing innovative transport solutions.
- Inspiring other staff to develop innovative transport solutions.
- Contributing to the technical development of the transport function in the UK.
- Providing project management and technical support and advice within Transport UK in order to:-
- Develop the project mangement skills of other staff;
- Develop the technical skills of other staff and
- Ensure consistency in project mangement and technical quality from other staff staff.
- Commercial and technical management of projects ensuring that projects are managed effectively within budgetary constraints.
- Financial management of projects within the Royal Haskoning DHV financial management processes.
- Identify and develop business opportunities
- Preparation of fee proposals
- Preparation of PQQs
- BSc/BEng/MEng/MSc in relevant subject
- Extensive experience in the Transport Planning industry
- Experience in preparing Transport Assessments/Travel Plans
- Expert in using junction modelling programs, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG and TRANSYT, the TRICS database
- Knowledge and experience in Birmingham/West Midlands Market Area
- Good team player to contribute to dynamic group
- Experience of managing junior staff as part of a project team
- Commercially aware
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communicator (written and verbal)
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent Client management skills
- Desirable: MCIHT/CMILT/MICE/MTPS
If the role of Associate Transport Planner interests you and you meet the criteria above, please do apply for this position as soon as possible. If you would like more information about this role or any other opportunities across Town Planning, Transport Planning, Surveying, Architecture or Design, please get in touch;