Due to continued growth within this sector our Client, a management consultancy, is looking for an experienced Associate Transport Planner to join their team in the Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will have a good all-round knowledge of the UK planning system and the workings of local government.
- Support the Director by providing technical input to projects and supporting the team to deliver what is expected.
- Prepare reports and drawings as well as interface with clients and other professionals.
- Assist with work winning, for example through bid preparation and fee proposals.
- Mentor and support junior staff and be proactive in keeping up to date with current practices, guidelines etc.
- Undertake site visits, attend client meetings and conduct occasional traffic surveys where required.
- Liaise with other professionals including Architects, Town Planners and Local Authority Officers.
Experience / Skills:
- Ideally educated to degree level (or other equivalent qualification) in a relevant numerate subject, and a transport masters degree.
- Ideally a member of a relevant professional body either Chartered or working towards Chartered status.
- Experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plan reports, Transport scheme design and appraisal with knowledge of relevant policy, guidance and advice including DMRB and MfS.
- Able to analyse data then collate and interpret it.
- Experience in managing projects for technical, programming and financial matters, plus having the ability to create and develop client relationships including widening our client base.
- Knowledge of the principles of strategic transport modelling, or prior experience of using SATURN and VISUM software would be desirable along with knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoTrack and GIS being desirable.
- Knowledge and use of software packages, such as ARCADY, PICADY, LINSIG, TRANSYT, TUBA, PARAMICS, VISSIM and TRICS would be beneficial.
- Knowledge and use of WebTAG would be beneficial.
- Worked in the UK for at least 5 years, understanding the planning process and how your work fits into that.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Mark Maultby at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986.