|Job Title:||Bat Ecologist|
|Contact Name:||Josh Blanchard|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Experience as an Ecologist
• You will have a successful track record in delivering high quality work in relation to bats
• You'll have experience in designing and undertaking bat work
• Ideally you will have experience in staff and project management
• Experience in project management, proposal generation and client liaison would also be beneficial
My client offers an excellent salary package, and provides a company car for almost all their ecologists. They are also passionate about training their staff, providing tailored training and offers great opportunities for career progression.
Key responsibilities as a Bat Ecologist
• Working with other ecology team members and colleagues in other disciplines on a variety of projects including EIA's, habitat regulation assessments, mitigation and habitat creation, enhancement and management schemes.
• Help to manage and deliver a large workload of bat related services across the South, with the opportunity to undertake broader technical work
• You may be asked to coach less experienced staff and manage projects of tasks within multidisciplinary projects dependent on your experience and skills.
• Qualified with a relevant degree
• A relevant MSc or PhD would be beneficial
• Possession of a Natural England survey licence for bats
• Membership of the chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) would be advantageous
• Valid UK drivers licence
• Flexibility to work unsocial hours and work away on site when required