Bid Manager - Asbestos
Exciting opportunity to work for my client whom are a multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with over 20 years' experience in environmental, regulatory and risk management services. With over 120 staff based throughout the UK, The consultancy provides technical expertise in both the built and natural environment across a variety of sectors - from public sector bodies and housing associations, to major developers and retailers.
My clients ongoing growth and the development of its Asbestos business, they are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to actively manage their asbestos tenders and bids, prospect to source the right tender opportunities, and engage/raise their profile with target clients to ultimately improve our chances of winning.
You will drive tenders and bids through all stages, from decision to bid/capture management and win strategy development, through the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and proposal submission to interview/presentation preparation and debrief sessions. He/she will provide consistency through the entire process, responsible for sharing lessons learnt and driving continuous improvement in our process and bidding efforts.
You will be an integral part of our Asbestos division working closely with their Account Manager and Operations Director. You will report to the Business Development Director and be supported by our Bid Coordinator.
- Promote a culture of success and drive a winning strategy.
- Lead an effective bid team, identify and brief contributors from across the division and manage, motivate and support them throughout the bidding / tendering process.
- Manage bid compliance and overseeing reviews of the quality and commercial content.
- Develop the requirements for each bid in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Gather essential client information driving the process to research the client's aspirations and sharing this knowledge and intelligence with the team.
- Identify new contract tender opportunities.
- Engage with potential clients on contracts in their pipeline, and work with the Account Manager to do likewise for existing clients.
- Select suitable public-sector projects from alerts and researching for private sector projects.
- Building a Bidding Portfolio for future tenders.
- Presenting new bid opportunities to key stakeholders, informing the decision-making process by providing key contract information and capturing decisions made.
- Completing PQQ's and client questionnaires.
- Compiling, co-ordination and completion of all tender documents.
- Programming the overall bid team resource against the opportunities that are 'in progress' to ensure sufficient resource to meet the demands of multiple bids.
- Monitoring bid processes and add value to bids though reviews with operations bid managers and bid contributors.
- Measure the performance of our tendering activity in relation to PQQ and Tender strike rates, qualitative feedback and ultimately ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- Working with all levels of management, generate business growth through public and private sector tendering.
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Able to evaluate, monitor and present ideas and data.
- Analytical with solid organisational skills, scheduling and prioritising activities.
- Practical, proactive and keen to show initiative.
- Calm under pressure.
- Collaborative and inclusive personal style at all management levels - able to build a network of internal contacts essential in delivering this role.
- Experience with running/converting major bids & tenders with demonstrable success.
- Prospecting for new tender and client engagement therein.
- Commercially aware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office packages including email and document management software (and Adobe InDesign would be an advantage).
- APMP Foundation level accreditation would be an advantage.
I look forward to receiving your application but please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an initial discussion.