|Job Title:||BIM Coordinator - rail projects|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Bristol|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||9 months ago|
As the successful individual, you will be joining a well-established BIM Infrastructure team who are involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding; including HS2 and Cross Rail 2.
Overview of Role:
As the BIM Coordinator, you will be responsible for model delivery, reviewing and coordinating and ensuring that company and project standards are maintained on all deliverables. You will act as the technical hub in the BIM process.
Duties & Responsibilities as the BIM Modeller:
• Combining the federated model, made up of the merger of the different aspect models of the various disciplines involved in the construction process, using certain protocols, programs and structures
• Checking the models with the objectives and conditions
• Ensure compliance with the BIM Execution Plan
• Checking the different aspect models on consistency
• Making proposals for any design adjustments to be made, and discussing and consulting with the relevant members of the team
• Monitoring the implementation of possible adjustments in aspect models
• Generating graphical or (alfa)numeric output for the benefit of production
• Controlling, monitoring and steering the BIM process with the necessary tools
• Coaching and guiding involved employees with the implementation and application of BIM
• Guide a project team through the BIM process and provide ad hoc assistance to the wider practice when required
• Liaise with the project team, client and consultants to review all BIM models for the project and make any necessary amendments
• Continuously review the optimal BIM related software
• A minimum of 5 years' (production) experience in design, drafting or engineering and BIM
• Having the capability to use upwards of 2/3 BIM software programs
• An ability to apply their design experience to the models they produce.
• Have the capability to use ICT tools for viewing and coordinating the BIM
• Have an experience in defining BIM outcomes
• Have experience in setting up and coordinating a BIM Protocol and Execution Plan for a given project
As the ideal candidate, you will have experience of BIM processes and are capable of sharing and coordinating a variety of disciplines within the BIM environment. You would have progressed through the role of Modeller and can adopt the role of Coordinator or Modeller to suit project requirements and resources.
This is a great opportunity where you can work on some of the UK's most major infrastructure projects and really progress your career.
Our client is offering a competitive salary + benefits.
Please do get in touch to learn more on 01202 888 986.
We look forward to hearing from you!