|Job Title:||BIM Manager - Building Services|
|Salary:||£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lloyd Murphy|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
My client is a globally recognised sustainable engineering and design consultancy that specialises in complex infrastructure, process and built environments. We offer integrated solutions for clients across the energy, life sciences and manufacturing, nuclear, public, transport and utility services sectors. Part of a leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of over £2 billion.
They now have an immediate need to recruit an experienced BIM Manager to join their Building Services team based within their West Midland Head Office to develop and implement a fully tailored BIM offer and train Building Services Engineers in the use of Revit for design and co-ordination through all stages of the project process.
- Develop and Implement the "design to screen" strategy with the Building Services Director
- Implement the project specific standards set by the BIM Project Manager and set-up the BIM Execution Plans.
- Carry out model validation checks, coordination reviews and liaise with model managers for resolutions.
- Support the deployment of field data management system, review validity of information collected against information deliverables.
- Facilitate delivery of federated 3D model, hosted and linked BIM data.
- Ensure that data exchange protocols are adhered to by the project team and liaise with design team manager on compliance issues.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
- Manage and supervise team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to the customer brief
- Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the customer brief in respect of BIM
- Implement Autodesk software, CAD/BIM standards and procedures
- Develop, review and evaluate 3rd party packages to aid the design process such as MagiCAD, Dynamo etc.
- Manage performance of the department from a technical perspective
- Manage and supervise the training and development of both the BIM/CAD team and advise on Engineers training to improve the BIM design offering
- Provide support to technicians and graduates in their professional development
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to customer standards
- Ensure thorough processes for checking the accuracy of deliverables produced by the team
- Implement and manage administration duties across the team and customise CAD environment to align with company standards and procedures
- Responsible for the overall production and quality of drawing deliverables, general arrangement in accordance with standards and procedures
- Manage and supervise the team drawing configuration, ensuring accurate document control
- Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Report to operational management team to ensure that resource requirements are utilised efficiently.
- Develop positive relationships with customers
- Manage project fee spend and deliver commercial objectives
- Present in-house and customer CAD courses and seminars
- Promote and implement design trends/competitor awareness /design techniques
- Be part of the national BIM strategy working group for wider company development and benefit.
Qualifications and training
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent is preferred
- Demonstrable experience as a BIM Coordinator
- Hold professional qualification
Technical skills and experience
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined team would be advantagous
- Ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure and strict deadlines
- Track record of providing and manage a BIM service to external customers
- Ability to prioritise own workload and undertake instructions from operational management team
- Ability to manage an AutoCAD / Microstation 2D, 3D 4D and VR software environment accurately and efficiently
- Ability to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery of all aspects of the CAD service
- Strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Excellent time and cost management skills in order to plan and achieve delivery to the desired quality to exceed customer expectations
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals