|Job Title:||BIM Manager - rail projects|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
As the successful individual, you will be joining a well-established BIM Infrastructure team who are involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding; including HS2 and Cross Rail 2.
Overview of Role:
The Team BIM‐manager is responsible for initiating the policies and creating the conditions to achieve BIM projects. The Team BIM Manager creates contacts with collaborating parties and initiates the implementation of systems and processes. They initiates the learning and change management process in the organization and the partners and divides tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities of BIM within the organization. In addition to this they also support the Sector BIM Managers and coordinate and share resources, skills and understanding of BIM between the other Team BIM Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities of the BIM Manager:
• Provide input to the development of the companies BIM policies and strategies related to BIM
• Implement and ensures compliance with companies BIM policies and strategies within the team
• Adapt and adjust the strategy related to information-, quality, process and HR management to support the BIM implementation
• Create the conditions and support for collaboration between the disciplines within the team
• Ensure compliance with national drafting and BIM standards throughout all projects.
• Report on their team's projects and staffs current and projected state with regard to BIM implementation
• Develop specific BIM service propositions to meet specific and different market needs
• Engage with clients, and with other teams to help combine a delivery mind-set with a commercial mind-set.
• Support tender teams acquiring new business through the creation of integrated BIM solutions
• Promote the use of BIM throughout the organization
• Creating, growing, orchestrating and leading virtual team of BIM experts within the organization
• Organize information and training sessions related to the BIM process, and monitor the coaching and guidance of the staff members
• Guide project teams through the BIM process and provide ad hoc assistance to the wider practice when required
• Reviewing the BIM training and development needs of all staff within their team, including Senior staff and Engineers and providing guidance on training needs to Management
• Continuously renew & review the optimal BIM related software. Develop business cases for new investments.
• A suitable qualification with regards to the position they are applying for, preferably a Bachelor or Master's degree related to IT or to Engineering
• Knowledge of the most important specifications and Description of BIM (ICT) tooling
• A minimum of 5+ years' (production) experience in design, drafting or engineering and BIM
• Capability in 2 or 3 BIM modelling related software packages
• Experience in managing teams
• Have the capability to use ICT tools for viewing and coordinating BIM
• Have an ability to define BIM outcomes
• The ability to apply their design experience to the models they produce.
• Have an ability in setting up and coordinating a BIM Protocol and Execution Plan for a given project
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a progressive organisation where your personal career progression is taken seriously. You will have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's largest, most prestigious projects and work with very senior well experienced individuals in this field.
My client is offering a competitive package and a great working environment. Please get in touch to learn more.
We look forward to hearing from you!