On behalf of our client, we are recruiting a BMS Technical Engineer to join the team located in Harlow, Essex. The successful candidate will oversee and manage all aspects of the engineering functions to fulfil the contracted service level agreement within their area of responsibility on time and in full and provide a cost-effective service to maintain, operate, and improve existing BMS systems in a safe, compliant manner on a day shift basis.
- Identification of development needs and continuous improvement to meet requirements of the role
- Utilization of current Appraisal & performance management system.
- Engagement with communication tools used for dissemination of relevant site information (eg safety talks, tool box talks, PDRs)
- Implementation and use of current and emerging IT platforms for Compliance, Safety and Operation of all plant
- Report accidents and Near Misses using established site systems
- Monitor site building management systems and take proactive measures to resolve any identified faults
- Continuous improvement of the appearance and content of BMS graphics and updates to the system
- Indentify training for site operatives where required and support any training needs
- Continuous improvement of BMS systems to ensure optimum performance and maximum efficiency of plant
- Fault diagnosis and rectification to device level within outstations
- Compilation and escalation of reports and plant data to site management as required
- Liaison with Capital projects in areas of expertise to represent GWS.
- Lead and take and ownership of powerfail restoration site wide in conjunction with site management
- Lead the Generation of RCA’s and A3 investigations to recommend high end engineering solutions
- Proactive Management of EH&S
- Ensure high level of housekeeping in areas of responsibility
- Generation and escalation of OORs
- Utilization of General Permit to Works
- Attendance at Safety meetings when required
- Assist with technical support across the R&D sites in area of expertise
- Management of finance in the following areas
- Identification of project opportunities to deliver both Capital and SMW projects incorporating all aspects of project delivery including, cost, design and documentation.
- Cost avoidance and Cross charging (in- scope/out of scope) as per JCI contract
- Completion of Overtime request forms in a timely manner and subsequent timesheet submission including all necessary information when cross charging.
- Materials/consumables requisitions after first obtaining quotes for approval
- Focus on the following to embed culture ownership on:
- ADP (Accelerated Delivery Programme) Concept and principles (A3, RCA, 9 Box priority and action planning)
- Behaviors linked to JCI LEM 2020 (People skills, drive, capabilities matrix, Intellectual capabilities)
- Promote flexibility and agility within team
- Cross area and cross site support where required to meet specific task requirements
- Generation of skill GAP Analysis and promotion of operational solutions
- Self audits and corrective actions from external audits
- Reviewing and recommendations for modification of SOP’s
- Working in liaison with all central support functions (SMW/CP)
- Contribution to local and site Comcell / daily huddle meetings as and when required
- Attend meetings with customers and end users as and when required
- Identification of works outside of SLA scope to site management (BRF / LCAM)
- Lead the generation and submission of continuous improvement ideas
- To work closely with customer contacts within the designated area to ensure that the area team, by close involvement with the customer, provide an adequate engineering service
- Initiate the provision of spare parts ensuring that these are correctly identified to the Planning Team
- To monitor and report upon service levels of external contracts, highlighting any fall-offs of performance
- To check the daily faults log, instigating any rectification works and reporting where necessary any plant failures to the User Department or other interested parties.
- To generate departmental procedures as required
- To act as call out Engineer as per agreed rota, covering all BMS functions during out of hours working across the whole site and to be available, within reason, to attend site during any emergency
- The acceptance and validation of new plant and equipment minor works etc. carried out by other engineering sections of the company
- Strong proved experience in building services
- City & Guilds parts 1, 2, 3 Electrical/Electronic
- 17th Edition IEE Regs