|Job Title:||Bridge Engineer - CRE- Rail or Highways|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Car allowance and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a large progressing engineering organisation and are experiencing major growth within their rail department. Due to the level of work they are receiving and expecting to receive in the future there is an urgent need to expand on their permanent railway engineering team.
Due to the importance of this role, there is some flexibility with the location within the Midlands and Gloucestershire area depending on skills and experience and your natural fit in to existing teams.
Position Description for Structural Contracts Responsible Engineer Bridges Construction Rail (CRE)
As a CRE in the Derby Depot you will be responsible for:
- Playing a critical part within the business, managing the liaison between the consultancy, the client and the contractor.
- Working within a busy environment, checking and making alterations of consultant designs in conjunction with the structural works on site
- Signing off designs as an authorised CRE in the construction team of a railway project working on major bridge projects
- Working closely with the design consultancy and the client, reviewing their drawings against client specification and build ability.
- Visiting the railway bridge construction sites dealing with any ongoing alterations and ensuring the project is completed to specification
Required experience of the Structural Contracts Responsible Engineer Bridges Construction Rail (CRE)
As a CRE in the Derby Depot you will be:
- Educated to HNC, and ideally degree level with construction (structural) experience dealing with major bridge projects
- Previously or currently signed off as a Civil CRE (Contracts Responsible Engineer) for structures, construction or earthworks.
You will have:
- A background in construction with substantial experience working on major bridge structure projects ideally with rail or highways and particularly with Network Rail (NWR)
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary, a generous car allowance, expenses paid, an attractive holiday allowance and a company pension plus other excellent benefits but most importantly the opportunity to fulfil a long and successful career within a well-established engineering company offering you the support and development you deserve.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.