|Job Title:||Building Inspector|
|Salary:||£29000 - £33000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Battson|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Building Inspector - Home Based - North Staffordshire
£29,000 - £33,000 per annum (+ benefits)
A fantastic opportunity to work for the UK's leading standard-setting body and provider of warranty and insurance for new homes, an authority on the housing industry, active in research and development, working with government and stakeholders to help shape housing policy.
You would be part of a highly respected company providing registered builders and developers with technical support and assistance to help at every stage of new home construction and guiding on Standards, regulations, research and other technical issues.
The company offers a highly competitive salary, and prides itself on supporting a brilliant work life balance for all their staff. There are clear progression opportunities and a range of excellent benefits on offer to the right candidate.
- Taking responsibility for the inspection of new homes under construction and/or conversion and associated uses within a designated area
- Contributing to the inspection of other developments
- Planning inspection visits to sites
- Providing technical advice and guidance on construction and/or conversion.
- Inspecting homes at key stages of construction and/or conversion in response to requests from builders
- Recording and reporting results of inspections to builders and their representatives
- Recording and maintaining accurate inspection records
- Managing relationships with customers to improve the standard of build
- Liaising with technical staff to determine the most effective method of managing risk
- Contributing to disciplinary cases against builders
- Providing site survey reports
- Qualified to a minimum HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline
- Relevant construction industry experience
- Associate membership of an appropriate recognised professional institute would be beneficial.
- Extensive experience of the inspection of new homes (ideally within a supervisory, management or regulatory role)
- Have the ability to make pragmatic and value decisions.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision in line with established policies and procedures.
- Will have good communication and interpersonal skills and able to prepare detailed inspection reports
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986