We have a fantastic opportunity for a keen and ambitious Building Service Engineer to join a leading FM service provider working at a High-Tech Business park for a Technology giant in a Data Centre in the Reading area.
- Delivery of the services within the Technology clients portfolio to include Electrical, Mechanical & Fabric services.
- Provision of services between the hours of 08:00am to 17:00pm. Ensure service is provided out of hours as and when required.
- Proactively developing customer relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the customer (internal and external); anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs; giving high priority to customer satisfaction.
- Undertake pro-active PPM activities as set out in the operational protocols for all Electrical, Mechanical & Fabric systems. There is a requirement to carry out some PPM tasks out of normal working hours.
- Provide first line fix for all systems installed within the Portfolio UK.
- Liaison with specialist contractors to ensure service excellence at all times.
- To be fully conversant with the Maximo and Helpdesk systems.
- Responsible for ensuring that the work plan is managed to the maximum effect.
- Communicate progress in the work plan, possible delays or changes of the work completion date to the Supervisor.
- Act as the focal point for all matters regarding the impact on the customers and their facilities.
- An essential function of the individual is to ensure that the customer is kept informed about the progress of their work requests.
Skills & Experience Required
- Recognised apprenticeship or equal.
- At least three years in providing maintenance activities within a blue chip organisation which would include Electrical, Mechanical & Fabric services.
- Good inter-personal skills in dealing with both customers and colleagues.
- Must be able to work on own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Must be a decision maker.
- Experience in operating as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good all round M&E plant equipment knowledge
- Issue of permits to work
- Review all specialist suppliers method statement
- PPE compliance
- Should have exposure to electronics field/fault finding
- Health & Safety training.
- Formal qualification and training in electrical with the addition of mechanical appreciation.
- Computer literate.
We look forward to receiving your application