£36,000 - £38,000
Our client is a multi-disciplinary team of professionally qualified staff that ensure the retention and development of both external and internal customers by the application of specialist technical knowledge and understanding of Standards and Building Regulations.
This is an opportunity to work within an independent, non-profit distributing company limited by guarantee - neither part of government, nor a charity. A business run by the Board of Directors with surpluses being re-invested in the improvement and development of our products and services.
- Manage own workload and allocated tasks by Inspection Manager and Peer Group 1-3 builders to ensure relevant SLA's are achieved.
- Take responsibility for the assessment of building regulation and warranty applications for residential developments and associated non-residential uses typically up to 11 metres high.
- Negotiate with developers, builders and their professional advisors, from initial design to completion, to ensure proposals are satisfactory in relation to building control and warranty in accordance with relevant regulations and Standards.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of building control inspections, issue of Final Certificates, site and type approvals and resolving problems relating to Initial Notices/Final certification.
- Manage the Building Regulation and Warranty aspects by supporting inspection staff with the provision of expert advice, inspection of high risk/complex elements or features of building work, the identification / communication of key inspection stages and review of progress.
- Assist others in the surveying of existing buildings to assess suitability for Buildmark Conversions cover.
- Keep up-to-date with the clients IT systems.
- Assist with the delivery of technical presentations to both internal and external customers where required
- Assist with training, coaching and mentoring of others as required.
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional institution.
- Experience in the construction industry with relevant experience in Building Control.
- Experience of plan appraisal of residential developments and associated non-residential uses.
- Awareness of forensic investigations of buildings, defect identification and repair.
- Proven ability to make pragmatic and value decisions on compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards.
- Able to work with the minimum of supervision, in line with established policies and procedures
- Knowledge of environmental issues and relevant standards/legislation.
- IT literate with the ability to use a range of software programs.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written with appropriate interpersonal skills.
Interested? Get in touch...