Great contract opportunity for a massive utilities company based in the Midlands. Looking for a technical expert, happy being in a hybrid role of Business Analysis and Information Architecture. With a focus on Smart Metering and Asset Management, it doesn’t get much more interesting than this! Competitive day rate, 6month contract.
To provide business analysis services for IT-related programmes and projects. Engagement throughout the project lifecycle from feasibility through to benefits realisation.
Typically this may include:
- The methodical investigation, analysis and documentation of all or part of a business in terms of business functions, processes and the information they use.
- The definition of requirements to improve any aspect of a process or system.
- The creation of viable specifications in preparation for the construction of information systems.
- Identification of business requirements, consideration and development of business strategies and feasibility reports - through the conduct of investigations at levels.
- The detailed specification and modelling of recommended solutions (including Businesses Processes, Procedures, Data and Organisation), using appropriate tools and techniques consistent with company standards and best practice.
- Support solution development; be it an IT based solution and / or a business-based solution (organisational change, process change etc.)
- Support the implementation (including testing, training and implementation) of solutions.
- Support the business change activities in delivery of solutions.
- Provision of support in the area of Business Analysis, providing advice to contract analysts and members of the Business on relevant aspects of IT policy, standards and methods
- Provide support and advice to programme and project risk management
- To challenge where projects may not be viable, in terms of technical feasibility or benefits case, with business sponsors
- To understand the technology needed to supplement and deliver AMP6 business plans and architectural roadmaps
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- A good level of knowledge of relevant standards and methods (e.g. SSADM, UML, business change tools and methods)
- Good systems analysis skill set with experience across multiple methodologies and technology platforms
- Experience of credibly interfacing with business stakeholders
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into IT Solutions
- Understands the business issues and challenges specific to each project (experience of Utilities industry desirable)
- Change management experience
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes and principles in a fast changing and challenging environment
- SAP experience and knowledge is desirable
- In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
- Strong Project & Programme experience
- Good exposure to IT architecture and data strategies
- Ability to understand workflow and turn into a business process map
- Have sound knowledge and experience of formal project methodologies and Project or Programme management experience (experience of Agile approaches like SCRUM would be beneficial)
- Happy to stretch into aspects of project management if required (e.g. task planning, resource co-ordination, test management, etc)
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style
- Have sound knowledge of Business Analysis methodologies and ideally an appropriate Business Analysis qualification.
- Exposure to project methodologies (For example Prince 2), or agile/lean approaches for managing and controlling the delivery of IT systems is also desirable.
- Ideally educated to degree level
For more information please contact Toby Condie 01202 888 986