Business Area Manager
My client is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy combining energy, climate change, and environmental expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
Their Water and Environment practice offers a comprehensive range of specialist services within the environmental consultancy sector. They have a global reputation for their expertise in planning and overseeing complex and sensitive projects.
They are now looking for an outstanding Business Area Manager to join the team and play an integral role in shaping and delivering the growth strategy for their Water and Environment practice. Reporting to the Practice Director, you will ensure the delivery of client solutions that demonstrate technical excellence, whilst exceeding client expectations.
You will lead on a portfolio of client work programmes including a wide range of high profile, complex projects and provide clear project direction which reflects our reputation for high quality solutions. You will also lead on proposals, defining quality outcomes, pricing, budget and scope.
As part of the Senior Team, you will identify external industry developments which will potentially affect our business, and seek opportunities for innovative client solutions. You will also be expected to identify and secure new business, from both existing and new clients.
You will bring extensive technical experience alongside leadership capabilities and a strong track record in client relationship management and business acumen. You will have the drive and determination to succeed and must be comfortable working at Senior level in a consultancy environment.
With an impressive technical reputation and standing, you will be able to demonstrate your experience of directing projects and delivery of client outcomes. You will also have strong project management and report writing skills, probably but not necessarily gained within an environmental or planning consultancy.
- Knowledge and experience of the Water Industry and international work winning is highly desirable.
- A Bachelors, Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Proven track record of developing profitable new and existing business
- Excellent leadership skills which creates motivated and high performance teams
- Have personal drive and determination to succeed, be self-determining and able to positively contribute to the business at senior management level in a consultancy environment.
- Extensive technical experience alongside a strong track record in client relationship management.
- An impressive technical reputation in your field of expertise externally
- Ability to direct projects and delivery of client outcomes.
- Proven experience of leading large complex bids including the management of bid teams, development of methodology and presentation and developing follow-on work with customers and creating new business opportunities.
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!