Business Development Manager - Sustainable Built Environment
Our client who had a very successful 2016 after growing their revenue, expanding their services offering and becoming a truly Global entity with offices in Australia, the U.K. and Brazil. After this high level of growth, they are looking to bring on board a Business Development Manager to help build on their existing sales trajectories and accelerate revenue while increasing their local and global profile.
- Prospecting - building on their client base to accelerate new lead and client generation.
- Pitching - selling their software and consultancy services to the construction sector
- Communications and closing - following leads and ensuring effective delivery of their message throughout sale.
- Monitoring existing clients - refining our interaction and marketing towards them.
- Ensuring that clients are "quality" clients
- Maintenance of the customer relations management system and sales reports
- Assistance in improving sales processes and refining marketing materials and attending event
- Identification of new markets and potential sales
- Relevant degree and/or masters
- Minimum 3 years demonstrable experience in liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders (preferably within the construction industry)
- Excellent communication skills particularly spoken and presentation
- Ability to influence decision makers and drive positive outcomes for construction teams
- Awareness of key challenges facing sustainability in construction
- Awareness of Breeam, LEED and sustainability ratings schemes
- Previous experience or working knowledge of sustainability consultancy
This sales role requires persistence and determination. Our client provides a flexible working environment and the excitement of working with a young ambitious start-up in a field vital for tackling climate change.
Location and Hours:
Our client maintains a flexible working arrangement with remote working and home working encouraged. Our UK office is based in Brighton however the candidate may be based anywhere within reasonable travel distance to London (for occasional meetings).