Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections in most areas of the UK. They are looking to recruit a Business Development Executive to work closely with our existing and future customers to identify, develop and secure new electricity connection projects predominantly in the South East / East Anglia and Midlands/ Central/ South region of the UK. This will involve both technical input and negotiation.
- Analyse existing and potential markets to identify and secure business development opportunities.
- Prepare effective proposals, presentations, demonstrations and sales on business development opportunities for management.
- Establish and maintain a customer relations management database.
- Conduct competitive product analysis and market research to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business.
- Develop good customer relationship by personal visits, phone calls, follow-ups, e-mails etc.
- Maintain strong relationship with customers for future business growth.
- Assist purchasing team in quotations activities like price and delivery negotiations with customers.
- Work with internal teams to achieve targeted business goals.
- Coordinate with Business development Manager in problem solving, resourcing and budgeting activities.
- Conduct marketing campaigns, trade shows, job fair etc. in order to increase company's recognition.
- To be successful you will need to be commercially aware, target driven and used to working under pressure and to tight timescales, previous experience and knowledge of electricity networks would be very advantageous.
- You will need to very well organised and have strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Experience of the new connections market.
- DNO or Multi Utility experience.
- Must have a proven sales track record in business to business environment.
- Must have the ability to be adaptable and to sell technically based products and services.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a range of mediums with, and to sell to, all appropriate levels within the market, up to and including Director Level.
- Good negotiation and presentational skills.
- Self-motivated but able to work well in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or similar discipline.