|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England, Wiltshire - Swindon|
|Salary:||£35,000 - £45,000 + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Jack Winborn|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Business Development Manager
Allen & York's Energy Generation team are working on the behalf of a highly reputable sustainable energy and waste solutions provider. The organisation are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to grow the company's UK presence and further develop the market share and brand within the Public Sector.
• To identify new market opportunities and to develop a strategy for developing our presence in this market.
• Building strong, long term relationships with new and existing clients at senior and councillor level.
• Develop the business development strategy in conjunction with the power solutions team for targeting Public Sector solar development opportunities in the UK and other potential markets within the UK.
• To take responsibility for delivering the agreed sales and growth targets in-line with the business plan.
• To open up new doors for the company by identifying potential customers, obtaining early customer engagement with the key decision-makers to sell solar development opportunities and securing projects.
• Maintain regular contact with all business contacts to understand their needs and to gather information so as to provide the correct business direction.
• To work with key players within the market and develop joint venture opportunities for mutual benefit.
• Develop the company reputation, profile and brand as the respected solar developer for public sector assets.
• Identify new service offerings for which there may be a need or by developing need in the market place and then developing opportunities.
• To facilitate the market research to identify key assets for development and to then lead on developing these opportunities.
• To attend Board meetings to present the Business Development Strategy and report progress in a structured manner to ensure the Board are kept abreast of progress.
• To keep abreast of market intelligence to inform the business development strategy and potential new markets for the company to move into.
• To develop the marketing strategy for business development including developing the company website and social media.
• Responsibility for achieving the sales forecast.
• Demonstrate knowledge of managing P&L accounts or modelling of sales gross/net margins
• To utilise available information systems to compile reports and analyse information in a timely manner and for presentation at Governance and Board meetings.
• To bring innovative ideas and give regular business development feedback to management team meetings.
• Compile all business development reports in line with the set procedure.
• To identify, build relationships and influence key decision-makers within the public sector arena including Chief Executives, Directors, Council Leaders and Members.
• To drive the decision-makers from an initial idea through to closure
• Must work in a clear and methodical manner with complete transparency
• Experience with selling to the public sector and at Director and Lead Member level
• High degree of commercial awareness
• Demonstrable understanding in key account business development
• Demonstrable understanding of marketing principles.
• Demonstrable experience of taking a business development opportunity from an initial contact through to closure
• Experience working with CRM systems
• A strong personality with the ability to influence experienced and knowledgeable people both internally and externally
• The role will require UK wide travel to meet with potential clients. There will also be the requirement for travelling across Europe.
• Knowledge of the energy / environmental sector
• Decision Making
• Business Development strategy and implementation
• Identification of key clients and strategy for securing their business
• Creativity and Innovation:
• Creating opportunities within the public sector
• Emotional Demands of the job:
• Target driven
• High amounts of travel both in the UK and Europe
• Accountability for meeting business development and financial targets
• Managing a high number of business development accounts