|Job Title:||Senior Business Development Manager|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £70000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
An opportunity exists for an experienced Sales and Business Development Manager to join a global team working on a variety of engineering consulting activities for rotating machinery, within the wind turbine industry.
The role will be focused on a product and services to wind turbine owner/operators and end users who use this type of machinery.
- This role involves identifying, developing, closing and managing sales for the company's products and services to key accounts in the UK and part of the EU territories.
- In addition you will be driving business development and associated marketing activities to ensure continued growth and alignment to projected sales targets.
- The post holder will be expected to ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning and deployment.
- The individual will identify objectives, strategies and actions to improve short and long term sales and earnings.
- Lead sales for key accounts for scaling products and services.
- Work with the global sales team to systemize the sales and proposal process.
- Identify in the account base, opportunities for the engineering consulting team to develop consulting and field services sales.
- Support the consulting team with administration of the sale.
- Maintain sales forecast (via Salesforce) in the Northern EU region.
- Perform sales activities on major accounts and negotiate sales prices in consultation with Group VP.
- Accurately forecast revenue for sales opportunities
- Contribute to specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all products.
- Ensure implementation of marketing activities by the marketing team for your sales region.
- Create and execute sales plans including marketing events, sales campaigns and individual prospecting activities to identify new prospective customers and sales opportunities customer project sales.
- Learn and actively deploy the Company's sales model including extensive use of CRM for managing the customer relationship and business opportunities.
- Travel to customer sites to conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations and provide consistent follow up on opportunities or inquiries.
- Effectively position the Company's solutions to prospect's technical and business needs whilst differentiating the Company's offering from the competition.
- Effectively utilize Company resources in pursuit of business opportunities including local technical support resources
- 5+ years' experience with sales in the wind industry or related rotating machinery engineering or related services for heavy equipment.
- A proven track record of sales accomplishments.
- Strong quality network with senior level and executive level within the wind industry
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team.
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Valid EU or UK driver's license.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering or similar qualification