|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - Central London|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to appoint a Business Development Manager. Our client is a market leader within the energy industry on a global basis. They provide comprehensive, timely and accurate research reports and datasets to support cutting edge industry analysis and strategic planning. Their mission is to build and maintain innovative and unique desktop information services for the corporate sector within the Oil & Gas and Power industries.
The successful candidate will target high profile clients across Europe, within the power sector in order to promote and sell research products. Appointees will need to generate their own leads but will be able to manage their own territory, region or vertical.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Facilitate meetings and deliver relevant client presentations to senior management levels.
- Prepare high quality proposals and successfully negotiate to win new business and grow renewals.
- Achieve monthly sales revenue targets based on new business.
- Prepare account plans and accurate sales forecasts.
- Contribute to the larger business by providing relevant client feedback and intelligence to the product development and marketing teams.
- Manage the pipeline book of business from opportunity initiation through the delivery lifecycle.
What you need:
You will need to be a successful B2B sales person already familiar with promoting business intelligence ideally within energy service clients and who will be comfortable presenting and selling to C level execs within high profile clients.
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience with subscription based sales experience ideal
- A proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- Strong new business focus
- Strong commercial acumen
- Proven ability to engage with C-level decision makers
- Excellent communicator combining interpersonal relationship building with meeting facilitation and a high level of presentation skills
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable with financial data, corporate and market statistics, and other aspects of company & market analysis and consulting
- Competitive Base salary with a generous uncapped commission structure, including over-achievement accelerators.
- Excellent Sales training – potential for employees to become the best in the market.
- Realistic potential to become Team Leader with 1-2 years when proven in the role.
- Opportunity to progress into Sales Leadership or Account Management positions on longer term basis.
We look forward to receiving your application.