Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections. They are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for the South East to develop business opportunities from sales order enquiries through to the sale itself working with existing and developing new prospective clients so that the company delivers on its sales targets. The Manager will take a regional responsibility within which clear targets will be developed and set in line with the company's overall business plan.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Target and develop sales with key accounts across the region of responsibility.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services and products.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years' construction sector experience
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A good level of numeracy and literacy
- Good communicator, written and spoken
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Comfortable working as part of a team and can work independently
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Have thorough knowledge of the market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company's competitors.
- Experience of completing tender documentation
- Sales experience within a residential or commercial customer environment
- Knowledge of the utility infrastructure industry
- An engineering background ideally M&E or gas
- Health and safety awareness