|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - SCADA Solutions|
|Salary:||Competitive Package dependant on experience|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Howells|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
A global brand and market leader in the Factory Automation Business is looking for a talented SCADA Business Development Manager to join an innovative team building on their current success and helping it to grow into the future.
As the BDM manager you will be responsible for operating across the UK and Ireland, reporting to the Factory Automation Manager targeting specific accounts and developing strategic growth plans, promoting full capacity on existing and new accounts.
What are my responsibilities?
- Acts as the Business Development lead for SCADA solutions in the UK&I market for WinCC Professional, WinCC V7, WinCC OA and the Energy Management System B.Data.
- Develops innovative approaches to migrating legacy and competitor SCADA customers to the WinCC platform
- Educates sales team and channels to multiply efforts
- Actively participates in account planning sessions in cooperation with the local sales and technical resources on strategic opportunities
- Provides customers and account representatives with strategy and solution advice and support during pre-sales discussions on SCADA solutions
- Develops and presents SCADA solution proposals, including estimating, compiling bill of materials, system architecture diagrams and RFP/RFQ responses.
- Working closely with the regional pre-sales applications support team and account teams to develop product solutions to customer requirements which meet scope, budget, time and quality.
- Development and implementation of strategies to grow our SCADA business and increase our market share position.
- Supporting Intra-Company relationships and business development
- Collaboration with, and support of, Internal Sales, Technical Support and Customers Services
- Maintain and develop close working relationship with Headquarters
- Identification of new market opportunities
- Working with existing members of the Product Management and Business Development teams community to achieve overall Factory Automation business targets
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Knowledge and experience of Automation technology and in particular SCADA solutions and associated topics across a wide variety of industry sectors.
- An understanding of strategic business development techniques
- Proven experience of developing major business opportunities into long term customers
- Self-starter, with motivation and drive to build a business with significant growth expectations
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Team player
- Strong SCADA knowledge with competitor products in Factory Automation industry and a broad understanding of IT concepts such as networking and security.
- The ideal candidate is a Sales Professional with a technical background that possesses in-depth knowledge of the industrial automation market:
- customer challenges, pain-points and decision processes
- knowledge of competitors products and their target markets
- Industrial automation selling process
- Communication is a key aspect of this role verbal and written. Presentation skills are required both in delivering presentations, but also in developing standardised presentations and tools for use by the sales community.
- Knowledge of competitor SCADA systems is required.
- Minimum of HNC / HND in electrical/computer/mechanical engineering or computer science
- Extensive experience in automation/software systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
A competitive salary and benefits package including bonus scheme and car will be offered to the right candidate.
For further information please apply here or call Gemma Howells on 01202 888986. We look forward to receiving your application.