|Job Title:||Business Development Manager (Smart Markets)|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £55000 per annum + £40k-£55k|
|Contact Name:||Ross Courtney|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Our client is a specialist consultancy, providing high quality impartial advice to competitive utility and environmental markets and their participants.
They deliver high quality end to end services to clients, from policy development and initial governance frameworks, through to solution design, build and maintenance, as well as accreditation/assurance schemes and intelligent secretariat provision.
They are currently looking for an ambitious and results-focussed individual to join as Business Development Manager to lead their business development activity in smart markets (smart metering, smart grids and smart technology in the Energy sector)
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager (Smart Markets - Energy)
Reporting to the Head of Business Development - Markets, you will be responsible for seeking new business development opportunities within their existing client base and influencing key industry policy makers to exploit opportunities for new business and growth across the energy industry.
You will have experience in business development and industry knowledge in energy and smart metering and/or smart girds. This is a senior level role responsible for contributing to the growth of our Company.
- Seek and exploit new business opportunities to achieve sales targets
- Identify and influence key industry policy-makers to gain buy-in and opportunities for new business
- Undertake networking with clients, attend industry events and build strategic relationships to enhance brand capital and opportunities for new business
- Lead the development of business propositions to new and existing clients
- Preparation of a sector plan including as assessment of the business environment, stakeholders, competitors and opportunity
- Progress the development of solutions in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Leading bid responses and proposals, responding to tenders and working alongside other members of the business development team
- In-depth knowledge of energy, smart metering and/or smart grids
- Ability to apply business development techniques to develop and shape long-term opportunities to point of sale
- Experience of working within UK energy or telecoms sector
- Client management, including ability to influence and negotiate, developing partnership relationships
- Experience of developing sales strategy and planning, and managing sales activity in a service and/or professional services environment
- Sound financial management including understanding of budgeting, financial modelling, reporting and management accounting techniques; and
- Demonstrates gravitas, tenacity, and intellectual capacity to deal with complex issues and translates to viable commercial opportunities
We look forward to receiving your application.