|Job Title:||Business Development Manager - Wind Condition Monitoring|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Business Development Manager - Wind Condition Monitoring
Our client seeks an enthusiastic and talented individual with 5+ years' business development and direct sales experience in the wind industry to help expand their wind business.
The role will be focused on our client's condition monitoring business (products and services to wind turbine owner/operators and end users for other machinery).
Your background will include identifying, developing, closing and managing sales for the company's products and services to key accounts in the UK and EU.
In addition this you will be driving business development and associated marketing activities to ensure continued growth and alignment to projected sales targets.
The position will be expected to ensure consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through positive planning and deployment. The individual will identify objectives, strategies and actions to improve short and long terms sales and earnings.
- Lead sales for key accounts for scaling products and services including wind turbine monitoring, monitoring software and other engineering services to wind farm owner/operators that are related to rotating machinery monitoring, prognostics and operation and maintenance.
- Work with the global sales team to systemize the sales and proposal process
- Identify in the account base, opportunities for the engineering consulting team to develop consulting and field services sales. Support the consulting team with administration of the sale.
- Maintain sales forecast (via Salesforce) in the UK, Western and Southern EU region.
- Performs sales activities on major accounts and negotiates sales price in consultation with Group VP
- Accurately forecast revenue for sales opportunities
- Contribute to specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all products
- Ensure implementation of marketing activities by the marketing team for your sales region
- Create and execute sales plans including marketing events, sales campaigns and individual prospecting activities to identify new prospective customers and sales opportunities customer project sales.
- Learn and actively deploy the Company's sales model including extensive use of CRM for managing the customer relationship and business opportunities.
- Travel to customer sites to conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations and provide consistent follow up on opportunities or inquiries
- Effectively position the Company's solutions to prospect's technical and business needs while differentiating the Company's offering from the competition
- Effectively utilize Company resources in pursuit of business opportunities including local technical support resource
- Comply with Company and Department administrative and documentation requirements for quotations, proposals, sales orders, invoicing, expense reports, time-off requests, etc
- Other duties management may assign from time to time
Candidates without experience in the wind industry or related experience in rotating equipment engineering or monitoring/field services for heavy machinery will not be considered for this position.
- 5+ years' experience with sales in the wind industry or related rotating machinery engineering or monitoring/field services for heavy equipment and a proven track record of sales accomplishments
- Strong quality network with senior level and executive level within the wind industry
- Problem-solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information. Proven ability to motivate and lead the sales team
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Valid EU or UK driver license
Bachelor's degree in business or engineering or similar qualification
For more information contact Tom Wolsey +44 (0)1202 888 986
We look forward to recieving your application.