|Job Title:||Business Manager|
|Location:||UK - England - South West England|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
With a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 38,000 people in more than 100 countries, our client supports companies' success in the global marketplace, by helping customers to meet end users' expectations for safety, sustainability, performance, integrity and desirability in virtually any market worldwide.
They are looking to recruit a Business Manager, whose focus of the sales effort will be on Hardlines. The requirement will be to pro-actively promote the capabilities of the client Consumer Goods group locally and globally including testing, inspection, auditing and associated services. You will be responsible for the development of new business and the expansion of existing business.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the product area, be an effective negotiator, be computer literate and used to working on their own initiative. It will also be necessary to be a good team player with the ability to focus on achieving results. Sales experience would be a distinct advantage.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve individual business objectives in terms of revenue, conversion rates and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain a business plan.
- Maintain a portfolio of opportunities and forecast to meet ITS objectives.
- Protectively promote the capabilities of the company globally for all services including testing, inspection, auditing and associated services.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and the relevant departments.
- Follow through all enquiries and provide feedback on leads given.
- Issue a visit report following all relevant client meetings and provide a monthly summary of activity.
- Research and prepare proposals for clients. Follow through and ensure acceptance of all proposals presented.
- Ensure efficient and cost effective planning of all activities.
- Perform duties as requested by the Business Development Manager.
A full, clean Driving license is mandatory for this role. Experience of dealing with retailers is a must and B2B selling but, experience in a testing environment is desirable.
The successful candidate should expect overnight travel between 25-50%, including ex-UK travel.
You will have the use of a company car or allowance, mobile telephone and laptop. Basic salary is £35,000 + up-to 15% commission.