Business Unit Manager - Water
Cambridge or London
- This role is leading a Business Unit focussed on the delivery of the business unit strategy in line with the company goals. The key accountabilities are;
- Development and enhancement of the team members and team culture to ensure fulfilment of personal and organisation goals.
- Account Management and development within existing customers in line with business unit strategy and scope.
- Improvement and enhancement of long-term relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders through contact, meetings and visits.
- Full P&L and forecasting accountability for business unit.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Personnel Development of either internal or external relationships that bring added value to the team.
- Mentoring team to help them achieve their personal goals through collaborative 1-2-1s.
- Creating a team culture to enable the selection/attraction of the best talent.
- Identifying and selecting the best talent in the market to achieve the Operational, Commercial and Lifestyle goals of the organisation.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required.
- Development & Implementation of Business Unit Strategy
- Line Management of Level- 3 Management Staff
- Prepare Monthly report on all Business unit activities.
- Implementation of Company Procedures and compliance with all HSEQ Company Policies & Safe Systems of Work.
- Implementation of Company HR Policies and responsible for management of HR issues arising.
- Development of internal resource structure, capabilities and planning methodologies.
- Provide escalation point of contact for customers & potential customers within the Business Unit.
- Provide interface between staff, customer and Head of Division.
- Reporting of contractual issues & performance to Head of Division.
- Implementation of a partnering approach with our customers in line with ISO11000
- Respond to reactionary work requests as well as planned.
- Manage and co-ordinate existing contract commitments.
- Responsible for Business Unit profit & loss.
- Achieve financial KPIs as set out by Head of Division.
- Monthly reporting of all Business Unit management information (MI) to Finance team and Head of Division.
- Monthly financial forecasting to the Finance team and Head of Division.
- Monitoring of project performance, ensuring all projects are completed within budget and on time wherever possible.
- Monitor & authorisation of Business Unit expenditure.
- Identify, Develop & Implement efficiencies to processes.