A new and exciting opportunity for a CAD and Data Management Technician to join a leading global design and consultancy firm in their office in Suffolk has arisen. Based within their Environment Sector giving you the chance to be part of an international group that's really pushing the boundaries in its field. If you're curious about new ideas, want to think for yourself and take pride in what you deliver for your clients, you'll feel at home.
The two primary functions of this role are the use of CAD software (AutoCAD) to produce a wide range of drawings and figures in support of project team requirements as well as supporting the management of site collected data and it's processing via the EQuIS Environmental Data Management System.
Processing of CAD drawing requests in support of project requirements.
Supporting with the uploading and extraction of data via the EQuIS Environmental Data Management System.
Identification, ordering and tracking of public utility infrastructure information
Supporting the Data Management & Visualisation team with various tasks
General data capture in support of project teams. (e.g. geological borehole logs)
Offer technical support and assistance to the wider company
Essential Role Requirements
- Valid UK driving licence and minimum 1 year driving experience
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD software and relevant industry experience in the creation of technical drawings.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Understanding of Database functionality
- Communicate effectively and clearly with other team members, clients and regulators
- Ability to work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Ability to work in a team as well as the ability to work independently when required
Desired role requirements
- Experience in a consulting and contracting environment
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Experience using AutoCAD Map 3D or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Understanding of chemical / environmental data
- Previous EQuIS, HoleBASE, Adobe Acrobat experience
- Experience of SQL database structures
- Experience in GIS
If you have the above skills and want to be part of this organisation in return, offered is a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. Additionally on offer are some excellent benefits.
If you are interested in making a move, please contact Amy James at Allen & York to discuss further.