ALLEN & YORK are delighted to have been engaged by this truly global business to identify candidates for a brand new role to join the team based in Surrey.
This is a CAD/BIM manager role that includes the management, development and resourcing for the existing UK CAD function, the allocation of CAD/modelling on projects, with a "hands on" lead capacity and also be accountable for transitioning the CAD function to be BIM focused. This involves establishing robust CAD drafting and BIM Modelling standards, procedures, and techniques across the company and developing a BIM Object Library to BS 8541 standards.
The objective is to move to a position whereby all 2D output is derived and cut from 3D BIM models. It is a hands-on pragmatic role and will involve the training of staff and the provision of practical support to project teams in the use and application of 3D Modelling software and associated tools.
This is an excellent high profile career development opportunity for the successful candidate to become expert in leading edge BIM processes and technologies.
- Manage the existing CAD function and projects activities.
- Lead the transition of the CAD team to a fully 3D environment
- Manage the day-to-day 3D Modelling activities in support of the current BIM Strategy and Implementation Plan
- Lead the review and modification of the company BIM modelling standards and procedures to ensure consistent processes are applied throughout the EMEIA region and potentially to our external clients and the BVL supply-chain
- Define and organise the creation of a re-usable object library consistent to BS 8541 and BS 7000-4, taking into account the federation of information from different design disciplines
- Lead and provide training in 3D modelling to project design and construction teams including (but not limited to);
- Principles of BIM Level 2
- 3D modelling principles and processes
- 3D modelling procedures and techniques
- Revit / Civil3D / NavisWorks training
- Provide ad-hoc support to project teams as required.
- Participate in the future development of 3D modelling within BVL
- Ensure BIM standards, methods and discipline are followed and aligned to our QA processes and procedures
- Apply advanced, innovative technical solutions and processes
To be considered you will need to demonstrate solid experience of:
- 3D modelling skills, qualifications and experience
- People management skills.
- Coaching, training and development skills
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in business process improvement of 3D modelling activities, implementation and methodologies
- Broad experience in the use and application of common engineering software and IT
- Exemplary team motivation skills
- Working and theoretical understanding of 3D modelling Standards and QA processes
- Hands on experience in the use of Autodesk 3D modelling tools
- Sound engineering background (relevant degree or qualification)
- Understanding & awareness of the "8 pillars" of BIM Level 2 as defined by the UK Government's BIM Task Group
- Experience of working on BIM projects
- Experience in teaching/coaching/training
- Experience in the use of ProjectWise and Bentley OpenPlant P&ID
- Evidence of some form of formal BIM training/education
We look forward to receiving your application.