Our client is a leading developer of Renewable Energy projects looking to hire a CAD Technician on a 12 month fixed term contract,
- Using AutoCAD to produce planning consent, option and lease, construction and as built drawings for the project delivery team. Whether from initial concept or from sketches and mark-ups, take responsibility for the production of drawings and utilising own knowledge of basic engineering principles, infrastructure design and construction processes ensure that drawings are fit for purpose and recommend improvements where appropriate.
- Using Autodesk's Vehicle Tracking , AutoCAD Civil 3D and industry best practices, model and design off site and on site infrastructure including access tracks, earthworks, highway modifications, substations, turbine foundations, utilities and grid connections.
- Carry out reviews of topographic survey data (terrestrial or airborne) to ensure compliance with specification and suitability for use.
- Provide general engineering support to project delivery team members and providing focus on commercial impacts of design.
- Take responsibility for relevant obligations for Sustainability, Quality, Health, Safety and Welfare issues including those under CDM Regulations. Contribute to the safety of projects by considering such issues in designs. Carry out design risk assessments where appropriate.
This position requires someone who has, or is willing to work towards, Engineering Council Eng Tech or similar professional qualification and is motivated, and able to take ownership of work and manage workloads under demanding timescales whilst still achieving attention to detail. The role requires good communication skills and ability to work well in a team and liaise effectively with external consultants.
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk's AutoCAD, Vehicle Tacking and AutoCAD Civil 3D (v2014 or higher)
- An understanding of basic engineering principles
- Good working knowledge of GA & RC detailing and terrestrial and airborne surveying techniques
- Good understanding of the CDM Regulations
- An awareness of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Experience of working in a team delivering multi discipline infrastructure projects
- Ideally, a good understanding of Onshore Wind Development, Construction and Generation processes including project timescales, costs and associated impacts.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.