|Job Title:||CAD Technician|
|Location:||UK - England - West Midlands, West Midlands - Coventry|
|Contact Name:||George Blezard|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
- Production & Modification of 2D & 3D Mechanical, Electrical and other drawings (Primarily AutoCAD, Revit & Plat 3D) required for the community energy design and commissioning team.
- Checking quality and accuracy of own work and others, ensuring outputs meet the required standards.
- Contributing to and the setting and maintenance of CAD standards.
- Produce, manage and maintain 3D libraries for components and manufacturers equipment.
- Develop and assist the implementation of the Community Energy BIM Strategy.
- Manage work on a range of projects, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Contributing to project related correspondence and reports.
- Store and manage drawings produced on the internal Sharepoint system.
- Liaise with Design Engineers and Document Controllers to ensure solutions are in line with requirements and CDM2015.
- Management and review of the work produced by external CAD companies.
- Support the delivery of accurate Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Support project and team administrative duties and document control.
- Comply with the duties described in the Build Manual and support project management activities.
- Identify best practice and improvements to incorporate into future projects.
- Support the installation contract procurement process.
- Actively engage in knowledge sharing internally and externally to the business.
- Knowledge of engineering design principles.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Success in contributing as part of a team to meet strict deadlines.
- AutoCAD, Autocad Revit & Plant 3D, Autocad MEP and Navisworks.
- Design and draughting of plant rooms, energy centres, ventilation, piping, electrical schematics, layouts.
- Experience of district heating systems and knowledge of CIBSE, BSRIA & RIBA codes and standards would be an advantage.
- Qualification in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Civil) or Construction is preferred but not essential.