Cartographer - Design draughtsman
Industry: Sustainable energy - Wind turbines
At least a 2 to 3-year experience in a similar position
Permanent Contract - Paris, France - Immediate availability
The company is a pure player in the French wind turbine industry, taking part in every step of each project: development, financing, construction and operations. As of early 2017, the company had commissioned c150MW;
Moreover, they got another 300MW currently in a development stage. Backed by, a global wind turbine operator, which operates on a worldwide scale, company's ambition is to dramatically increase the wind portfolio in France and in Europe. In order to achieve this, the company are recruiting cartographer-design draughtsman.
Job offer description:
While directly reporting to the Director of Development and closely collaborating with the development team, you will meet the project managers' needs in terms of mapping and technical plans. You will participate in every stage of development (from searching for new sites to filing of applications, up to building the farms)
Your main missions are:
- Identifying, organizing and updating the map database needed to complete your mission
- Assisting the project managers in the prospection phase: cataloguing the areas, identifying project-stopping constraints, checking the prerequisites and summarizing this information with maps;
- Assisting the project managers in dealing with administrative issues pertaining to consultation process
- Creating visual aids for the wind turbine projects using pictures, cadastral plans and IGN maps, AutoCAD plans.
- Carrying out the visual simulations for projects: photomontage, 3D animation, while checking data in the field.
- Fully participating in the development of projects with the entire development team.
Experience and skills
A degree in higher education (Bac+3/Bac+5) in geomatics applied to the environment and planning is necessary. You are rigorous and able to adapt to a diverse and evolving workload. You are independent and know how to meet the mapping needs of the team thanks to your excellent knowledge and skills in using software tools such as AutoCAD, ArcGis and Photoshop
You also have good knowledge of planning and environmental constraints regarding wind turbine projects. Strong interest in sustainable energy and previous professional experience in the industry are important assets.
Fluency in French & English