Our client is the leading distributor of catering disposables, food packaging and hygiene products in the UK. They are seeking to appoint a Catering Design Consultant to join the business, based out of the Manchester office. This is a field sales role, full UK driving license is required.
The main purpose of this role is to develop new and existing business within the commercial catering sector, by a proactive approach to lead generation and one to one presentations to customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare schemes for presentation to customers using in house CAD resource and individual knowledge.
- Prepare professional presentations and costs using office resources and national creative team.
- Deliver high levels of commercial awareness when negotiating with customers.
- Demonstrate innovation when producing visuals and presentation material for customer projects.
- Actively enhance GP margin using negotiating skills with suppliers and sub-contractors wherever possible.
- Continually be focused on maximum customer satisfaction utilising high levels of communication both verbally and written.
- Attend one to one reviews, team meetings and identify training needs as required.
- Demonstrate awareness for colleagues and internal customer's needs at all times. Strictly adhere to employee rules, Design quality manual and corporate policies.
- Submit activity reports as requested by line manager.
Skills & Knowledge required
- Professional appearance, high energy levels.
- 5 Years' experience in the commercial catering industry, preferably contract catering sector.
- Bright and enthusiastic with well-developed negotiating skills.
- Turnkey project knowledge.
- Catering equipment experience.
- Full clean licence.
- Ambitious, flexible and good commercial acumen.
- CAD Drawing and sketching skills, is desirable.
Salary: £40,000pa - £45,000pa basic + bonus + company car + other benefits