Due to the recent regulation changes, a highly regarded architecture and integrated building consultancy are looking to expand their CDM/Principal Design capabilities.
On behalf of our client, I am looking for an experienced and qualified health and safety professional with a background in CDM to manage the existing Principal Designer work load as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and develop new and existing client relationships.
The position will require the candidate to perform all aspects of the Principal Designer Role for both internal and external Architectural commissions across a variety of sectors including Healthcare, Retail, Commercial, Residential and Educational projects.
As a CDM Consultant you will:
- Advise and assist the client with their duties
- Notify details of the project to HSE
- Co-ordinate health and safety aspects of design work and co-operate with others involved with the project
- Facilitate good communication between the client, designers and contractors
- Liaise with the principal contractor regarding on-going design work
- Identify, collect and pass on pre-construction information
- Prepare/update the health and safety file
- Demonstrate a growing commitment to CDM and other Health & Safety services
Qualifications and Skills;
- A technical knowledge of and experience within the construction industry
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Degree, BTEC or HNC Building Studies (or related subject
- A CSCS card (preferable)
- Leading to Tech IOSH: Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (preferable)
- Leading to RMaPS: Registered CDM co-ordinator with the APS (preferable)