|Job Title:||CDM Health & Safety Manager (Rail)|
|Location:||UK - England - North Yorkshire, York|
|Salary:||£45,000 to £55,000|
|Contact Name:||Rayner Mason|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety professional who has worked in a managerial or senior supervisory role the rail industry and who has an in-depth knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements and their application within the responsibilities of the Principal Designer role.
As a core member of the CDM Management team, you will lead by example and be the focal point for CDM Health and Safety management support and advice across the programmes.
My client is to be appointed as Principal Designer under CDM 2015 and the role of CDM Health and Safety Manager within the core team is critical to ensuring that the programme discharges its obligations under CDM 2015 at all levels and that safety by design is embedded within the design process and integrated across the programmes.
The candidate will assist in the implementation of the Principal Designers transition plan, working with the existing PD teams to identify the current status of arrangements and documentation and understanding of gaps within the requirements (if any).
The candidate will provide operational safety advice and support as required and undertake independent sample safety surveillance and audit of safety planning and site works in support of the Construction Manager to monitor compliance with arrangements for the Safety of people working on or near the line to ensure that everyone returns home safe every day.
The position of Health and Safety Manager is a full-time role based in York.
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must have held management responsibility for Health and Safety within the railway environment.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of:
- CDM2015 Regulations and their application within the railway environment
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Health & Safety In Construction HSG 150
- Risk Management and Safety Risk Assessment Logs
- Health and Safety File requirements
The role requires understanding and application of Network Rail standards in regard to planning for safe working including:
- Governance of Railway Investment Projects (GRIP)
- Application of CDM to Network Rail Construction Projects
- Construction Risk Management
- Pre-Construction Information
- Records Management of Health and Safety Files
- Asset Management Plan
- Engineering Management for Projects
- Work Package Planning
- Provision of Welfare Facilities
- Safe Management of Contractors
- Temporary Works
- Technician Member of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- Member of Institution of Civil Engineers Health and Safety Register
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of the Association of Project Safety
- CSCS Gold or Black Card
- CITB SMSTS Site Managers (5 Day)
- OHSAS 18001 Internal Auditor
The candidate shall hold (or be able to be trained in) the following Railway Qualifications:
- Personal Track Safety
- Industry Common Induction
- SSOW Planner - or competence to act as Responsible Person
- COSS / SWL1