My client, a composite health and safety consultancy providing CDM Co-ordinator services with a diverse portfolio of projects throughout the UK are looking to appoint a CDM Principal Designer who will be responsible for providing all aspects of the CDM Principal Designer service either as a direct service to the Client, or on a sub-consultancy basis to the appointed Principal Designer.
The successful candidate will be a qualified design professional with additional construction related health and safety knowledge, and will have an IOSH Construction Certificate, or similar, along with a Degree in Architectural, Structural or MEP Design.
The applicant needs to have proven experience and knowledge of working within a design related construction health and safety consultancy environment and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills at all levels, as well as can manage multiple projects at any given time.
Key Skills Required
- Design Qualification
- Proven relevant CDM experience
- Plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase of a project.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to co-ordinate the CDM input from Designers
- Reviewing Designers compliance with their CDM design obligations and monitoring compliance
- Identifying, eliminating or controlling foreseeable design related risks
- Ensuring Designers comply with CDM duties
- Preparing and providing relevant information to other CDM duty holders
- Providing relevant information to the Principal Contractor to assist them to plan, manage, monitor and co-ordinate health and safety in the Construction Phase
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.