|Job Title:||Chartered Building Surveyor - Surrey|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Catherine Battson|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Exquisite opportunity for a Building Surveyor with Historic Building experience to join a World Renowned company at their office in Guildford, immersed in the maintenance and preservation of the UK's most historic buildings and landscapes.
Specialising in the repair, enhancement and conservation of buildings, gardens and landscapes, you would join a fantastic team of Historic Building Surveyors, experienced conservation architects and estate managers who are responsible for standard setting and providing information and guidance across a wide range of English Heritage activities, with the aim of improving conservation standards and best practice around the world.
- Carrying out periodic condition surveys of assets on English Heritage's National
- Collection of Historic Properties
- Provide quality assurance of the standard of planned maintenance, repair and conservation work carried out on the buildings
- Provide information, advice, training and guidance to those responsible for the conservation, repair and maintenance of those heritage assets
- Participate in quality assurance evaluations of surveys ensuring buy in and commitment to issues and solutions
- Develop and review relevant English Heritage Standards as directed & provide technical advice on Estates casework
- Carry out post-completion quality assurance evaluations of completed projects and maintenance
- An Architect (ARB) or Building Surveyor (MRICS) either background encouraged to apply (will consider those applicants less than 12 months away from Chartered Status)
- Extensive, appropriate and wide-ranging post-professional qualification experience in the repair of historic buildings
- Experience of carrying out condition surveys of a wide range of historic assets in terms of type, age, material and construction
- Experience of standard-setting and quality assurance of conservation, repair and maintenance projects
- Experience of establishing planned maintenance and repair programmes
- Good knowledge of historic building construction, current conservation and maintenance practice
- Familiarity with current conservation theory and principles and a sound philosophical approach
- Thorough understanding of the mechanisms of decay and practical experience of a range of methods for the repair of historic buildings, including a thorough understanding of their impact
- Knowledge of the legislative framework of building construction, repair, maintenance and planning
Interested? Get in touch!
Tel 01202 888986
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets both UK and Global.
If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!