Chartered Planner - Essex
£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
This is a fresh and exciting opportunity for a Chartered (or nearly) Town Planner to join an excellent multi-disciplinary surveying and planning practice at their office in Brentwood, Essex. They provide a comprehensive and innovative range of services using the latest information technology and quality-assured management systems. They have a solid range of technical experience and have built up a number of strong long-term, client relationships.
Our client has a wonderful variety of projects with a wide range of clients, from private individuals and householders, to major developers and ecclesiastical organisations. Their planners pride themselves on their professionalism and the effectiveness of the service that they provide.
This role would suit a public sector planning professional looking to make that important career minded step into a private consultancy setting!
Initially working with a Partner, or Associate, your main duties will include:
- Assisting with the drafting planning statements, design and access statements and submitting planning applications.
- Preparing local plan representations and undertaking background research for clients.
- Liaising with stakeholders and undertaking local consultations.
You will work on projects throughout the UK and you must be prepared to travel. A current driving license would be beneficial (although not essential). You will meet a diverse range of people, including landowners, public and private sectors professionals, local politicians and residents.
- RTPI accredited degree
- Strong interest in, or undertaking, your APC
- Good knowledge of the planning system and excellent communication and report writing skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to use own initiative and have a professional manner and good social skills
- Concise level of computer literacy
Interested? Get in touch!
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss this role in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your options!