Chartered Surveyor - South East London
Leading multidisciplinary consultancy, specialising across building design and construction, are currently recruiting for a Chartered Surveyor to join their expanding design and construction team.
A MRICS qualified surveyor is required to work as part of a Group to undertake the role of Employer's Agent / Clients Representative and to undertake other surveying duties as may be required from time to time within the capabilities of the candidate.
Acting as Employer's Agent and Client Representative on a wide range of high profile new build housing and regeneration projects within London and the surrounding Counties, you will be responsible for seeing projects through from inception to completion ensuring they are completed on time, within budget and to the highest quality. You will report directly to a Partner within the practice.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to identify project risks and communicate these appropriately at the relevant points within a project and to manage these risks effectively.
- An ability to form concise and accurate Tender and Contract Documents.
- An ability to interrogate Contractor and Designer proposals under a D&B contract and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled.
- An ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, members of the project team and your client in order to ensure the successful completion of a development.
- An ability to keep accurate records through minutes, risk registers, client reports and internal filing processes.
- A sound understanding of D&B forms of building contract in order to effectively meet your obligations as an Employer's Agent.
- Ideally MRICS (or similar) qualified.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Able to lead a project and report directly to a Client with some support from senior members of staff.
- Experienced in construction procurement, contracts and administering projects
- Good understanding of construction technology, sufficient to carry out quality inspections and reports.
- Good understanding of JCT D&B form of contracts and the administration of Development Agreements.
- Pro-active and driven individual.
- Full UK Drivers Licence
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK - 01202 888 986.