Our Client deliver innovative methods of water and wastewater management throughout the UK as the technology and solutions division of one of the world's leading water companies. Working with a wide range of customers in the industrial and utility sectors.
They are looking to recruit a Chemical Engineer to join the Technical Team in order to provide chemical engineering and process design support to the Company's waste water and effluent treatment business. The successful candidate will support the business development teams within both the utility and industrial divisions of the business.
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved,
- Designing (including specifying component parts e.g. valves, pumps), installing and commissioning new production plants, monitoring developments and troubleshooting;
- Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes
- Produce P&IDs;
- Keep abreast of waste water and effluent treatment technologies and maintain a thorough understanding of the market;
- Design of the best solution for the customer from a process point of view in coordination with the industrial effluent treatment department in the UK and our Headquarters in Europe.
- The successful candidate will have a Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering as well as chartered membership of a relevant professional body e.g. IChemE. Previous experience in the field of industrial and urban wastewater process and technologies is also required.
- We are looking for someone who has technical knowledge and ability to apply themselves to other solutions within the Suez group as required.
- This successful candidate must be a strong communicator and able deliver written plans and offers.
- They must also have strong project management skills and have the ability to work to tight deadlines and within financial budgets. Knowledge of the Spanish language would also be highly desirable.
- The role requires a proactive and flexible candidate who has the availability to travel within the UK and possibly Europe.