Our client is one of the world's leading Renewable Energy companies.
They are currently looking to recruit a CAD Designer/Engineer on a 1 year FTC to perform infrastructure design for wind farm projects and produce AutoCAD/AutoCAD Civil 3D Design drawings from development through to construction phases.
You will have
The ability to work alongside the Engineering and Development teams to understand project requirements and how planning, environmental and engineering criteria affect infrastructure design.
Knowledge of the principles and application in civil engineering earthworks, highways and drainage design methods to independently produce alignment designs for incorporation into planning and construction submissions.
Responsibilities of the Civil 3D CAD Designer/CAD Engineer
- Produce AutoCAD Civil 3D site models to assess gradients and construction footprint earthworks.
- Perform design of infrastructure alignment based on Civil 3D site models and project criteria.
- Liaise with internal and external project team members and stakeholders to ensure that infrastructure designs meet the project needs.
- Produce appropriate documentation including drawings, reports and calculations in support of design work.
- Manage the control and distribution of both internal and external contractor drawings and documents in support of Engineering and Development activities.
- Supervise and mentor less experienced CAD staff
Requirments of the Civil 3D CAD Designer/CAD Engineer
- Have relevant post-secondary engineering qualification and/or design experience (or equivalent)
- Be proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D Software (v2014 or higher preferred) including surface creation & analysis, corridor modelling, grading and calculating earthwork quantities
- Have the ability to work alongside the Engineering team in the production of engineering drawings, have excellent attention to detail combined with the ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of projects simultaneously will be key attributes
- Have the ability to work independently to produce specified design work
- Have good knowledge of principles and application in civil engineering earthworks, highways and drainage design methods
- Experience of Subassembly Composer an advantage but not essential
- Experience of AutoTrack an advantage but not essential
- Experience of RC Detailing an advantage but not essential
We look forward to receiving your application.