Civil Engineer - Non-Infrastructure
Salary - £35- 40 per hour
Our clients strategy is to develop and grow the service they are able to offer in supporting their water industry clients to better understand their assets and develop, design and deliver schemes to enhance their assets. This role is to support the established team in achieving this ambition, whilst increasing the business understanding of the team and building a reputation as the recognised industry leader in this field of engineering and operation.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and company expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Civil Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and wastewater treatment facilities in line with our Client's strategic direction. The role will be based in a co-located team in the Client Office.
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on the design of water and wastewater treatment solutions
- Responsible for supporting the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake initial feasibility and scoping, through detailed design, to support for procurement, construction, commissioning and final handover of projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively within an integrated team environment to deliver design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution i.e. ICE
- Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work