Civil Engineer Rail - Derby
Our client is a large progressing engineering organisation which is experiencing major growth within their rail department. Due to the level of work they are receiving and expecting to receive in the future there is an urgent need to expand on their permanent railway engineering team.
Due to the importance of this role, there is some flexibility with the location within the Midlands and Gloucestershire area depending on skills and experience and your natural fit in to existing teams.
Position Description for Civil Engineer Rail
As a Civil engineer in the Derby Rail Depot you will be responsible for:
- Liaising with the rest of the rail project team, clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and other key stakeholders to ensure safe, timely delivery of quality railway projects.
- You will be involved in weekly meetings where you will have the opportunity to update various sections and subcontractors
- You will plan, manage and monitor the construction of the works in the Derby rail depot to an acceptable level of quality
- Under direction from your Senior Civil Engineer and your Project Manager you will prepare and implement ITP's
- You will be responsible for liaising with others to ensure safe systems of work are prepared in a timely manner and followed, including the work of other Civil Engineers and any sub-contractors
- Ensuring all Civil Engineers are competent and adequately trained in the operation of necessary plant and equipment and the processes involved in the workplace at the railway depot
- You will ensure you liaise with any external stakeholders making sure to meet agreed controls and commitments
- Prepare and present reports and other information as required
- You will be maintaining and operating Network Rail (NWR) safety critical procedures
Required experience of the Civil Engineer Rail
As a Civil Engineer in the Derby Rail depot you will be:
- Educated to HNC and, ideally, Degree level with engineering experience
You will have:
- Experience in rail projects, particularly Network Rail (NWR) projects
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis
- Ability to communicate the engineering strategy and safe systems of work to the wider team
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment
- Ability to use appropriate computer software and packages including CAD software
- Full driving license
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary, a generous car allowance, expenses paid, an attractive holiday allowance and a company pension plus other excellent benefits but most importantly the opportunity to fulfil a long and successful career within a well-established engineering company offering you the support and development you deserve.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell on 01202888986 or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.