Civil Engineer/Senior Engineer - Water
As part of a joint venture, our client are working on the AMP5 and AMP6 Treatment frameworks for a major Water Utilities company. This award winning JV team provide asset management and engineering solutions for their client to address identified risks to their business.
Outline of role
Support the delivery of a wide variety of projects within a multidisciplinary design team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support.
Input to technical elements of Project Management Plan
Assist the preparation of the Scope of Services (Proposal) documents including any post tender negotiations
Assist in the creation of the tender
Work within agreed deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy
Input to technical elements of the Project Management Plan
Finalise project checking and approval arrangements
Work on design inputs; submit RFI requests via the Project Manager
Produce design deliverables (inc. inter alia calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc) to achieve the optimum engineering solution for the project
Work within project checking and approval arrangements
Assess, document and communicate design change to the Project Manager
Participate in technical reviews
Attend internal project review meeting
Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions where applicable and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate
Master's Degree in Civil Engineering
- You will have experience in the water industry
- Good Non- infrastructure experience within Water
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that time scales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information please contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986