Civil Engineering Technician
My client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that provides a wide range of professional advice through all stages of a project, they are currently looking for an experienced Civil Engineering Technician to join their growing team in the Oxford area.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience using AutoCAD in a similar consultancy environment.
- HNC (equivalent) in Civil Engineering would be desirable.
- Experience with UK design principles, standards and law.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong self-motivation and initiative.
- Good commercial awareness.
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team.
- An ability to use the following software packages would be beneficial:
- Micro Drainage, KeyTERRAFIRMA and AutoTrack.
- Prepare drawings and produce practical, safe and buildable designs in AutoCAD under the supervision of an Engineer.
- Assist with the preparation of technical and pre-planning reports.
- Provide technical support to other members of the in-house team
- Liaise with clients, other members or the professional team and local authorities.
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice.
- Design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals.
Our Client's breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact David Ward at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.